Lactation Aid & Feeding Tubes
What is a lactation aid?
A lactation aid is a device that lets you give your baby extra breast milk or formula while your baby is feeding at your breast. This extra liquid food is called a feeding supplement.
Supplies you will need to use a lactation aid to feed your baby
- A number 5 French feeding tube that is 36 inches long.
- A baby bottle or a syringe without a needle that will hold 30 to 60 ml of liquid. A syringe is a hollow tube that has a plunger and holds liquids.
- Adhesive or clear medical tape.
- A feeding supplement such as expressed breast milk, expressed breast milk with added calories, or baby formula.
- If you are using a syringe, an elastic band and safety pin or a flat surface to put the bottle on.
- A plastic bag you can seal to store the feeding tube.
Lactation Aids & Feeding Tubes